Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Terry Tyson to Maryjo Mcgraw
22 hrs
Maryjo, it is wonderful to hear that you are teaching again. The reasons are many, but let me say that if it wasn't for you and those classes I took many years ago, my love of art, fine craft and creativity would likely not be as strong or as important to me today. Truly, you inspired me to teach my own classes and I am still sharing the collective knowledge and skill you instilled in me with the very first class I took from you.
Your classes were so well organized, the instructions complete and the final product pleased me greatly. I hope I don't embarrass you too much by saying that within the crafting world, you are probably amongst the top three instructors - ever.
Your projects were also devised to allow a student's creativty to take wing. It was never a copy of what you were demonstrating or displaying, but with your guiding hands and encouragement, what was made in your classes were a reflection of me, not you. Thank you for that.
I hope you can teach a little closer to southern Cali soon. Susan and I will be there, aprons on and minds open.
Good luck with your classes. I envy your students.

No comments: