Skip to main content

My CHA Favorites




Here is my list for best of CHA
Chris Cozen's book for Design Originals called Altered Surfaces ISBN 157421636 So good I put it on my slideshow. The best book I have ever seen explaining acrylics in simple English!Order it TODAY!
Mist -It from Inspired Craft not too big not too small and great for personal use as well w'ill even stream gels. I can't wait to try paint in it and bleach too!
Goldens new line of Digital Mediums Put these new grounds on anything you can run through a printer and it is an INSTANTLY better and clearer print.

Top Rubberstamp line booth display B-Line Absolutely Beautiful best looking booth of the show! check out my links for all these folks.
CHeck back tomorrow for more on CHA

Comments

Anonymous said…
whoa....digital mediums??? I am off to check them out! I Love Chris too! Thanks for the report!!
Hey MaryJO some day we may meet but in the mean time there is something for you on my blog! I have all your books and DVDs and you are certainly my "idol"!!!
Kristy C said…
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh those all look awesome, Mary JO!! thanks for sharing your favorites :)
Tami Bayer said…
So sorry I missed the golden booth, thanks for the review. I love that little mister, too.
Laura lok said…
oh that mist it looks interesting
Anonymous said…
Why is it no surprise to me that you chose the Mist-It as one of your favorites! Now that I've seen it, I gotta have a couple myself. Thanks for sharing your CHA thoughts with us all. :) Deb
Sherri said…
I tried to go to the B-line stamps from your link on the side bar, but got an error message and couldn't go see the great booth. Can you post the actual site? Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for visiting

I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from Artist Cellar . BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible. This coming June, Chris will be teaching at  Spokane Art Supply  and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils! When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes  using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then  Micro Glaze . This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. These two look kind of beat up but they ...

Pages with Distress Oxides and Crayons

So last week Tim ( http://timholtz.com/tim-holtz-products/ ) sent me a bunch of Distress Oxide pads. I was curious and wondered how they were going to stack up against all the old pads I had loved for like more than 20 years. Well I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased. The colors are great and the blendabilty was excellent! This is a fusion ink which has properties of dye and pigment. I have always loved that the color line of all Distress products has a good array of neutrals which many stamp pad lines do not have. When I put the first color down I thought they felt a little dry but I was working on Mixed Media Strathmore paper so any pads would feel dry. I put a couple more colors down and pulled out the awesome Distress Sprayer. I really like this Sprayer!!!!! It's very easy to use and that little on/off button makes it great for travel. Once I started spraying I could see what the fuss is all about. The colors blended really well ...

First Giveaway! LAST DAY LAST CHANCE

It has been a full week.........Tonight is the cutoff to win. So a GIVEAWAY or two on this blog that will run through to next weekend ( Sunday) Sign up for any Secret blog and be entered to win this mixed media kit that includes 2 journals (one Nature Sketch one White bee) Protege paint brushes, a lg tube of Golden Open acrylic and assorted pencils from Faber Castell . ALL YOU MEMBERS OF BOTH SECRET BLOGS ARE ALREADY ENTERED! Also be in the running for one of three Nature Sketch Journals for JUST MAKING A COMMENT this week from Sunday July 28th to Sunday August 4th 2013 on  http://maryjomcgraw.blogspot.com I will announce all the winners Monday August 5th here on Facebook and on the Blog!