I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from Artist Cellar . BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible. This coming June, Chris will be teaching at Spokane Art Supply and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils! When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then Micro Glaze . This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. These two look kind of beat up but they ...
Comments
This is Michele Mitchell, the very eager student at last week's Great Arts Adventure. I also came into Creative Element and Spokane Arts Supply after the event. You might remember me?!
First, I am checking out your website and notice a reference to one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters... Neil Finn (with Crowded House). Wow, could it be true? Are you also a fan?
Anyway, I am trying to recreate something Judi taught during her Rubber Paper Scissors class and because I didn't take notes, I can't seem to remember the type of ink she used and the technique we used for the first project during that class. Is there any way I can get ahold of her to review this class? We used multiple colors of ink and stamped onto the paper after the ink was applied to create a resist type look.
Also you mentioned a chat website you moderate. What is the address of that website. You can send me a reply to my email address:
michele.mitchell@verizon.net
Thanks and I really enjoyed the classes at the Great Arts Adventure and also the wonderful customer service at Spokane Art Supply.
Best Regards,
Michele