Skip to main content

Merry Christmas,Happy New Year & more on COPIC!

I hope everyone out there had a wonderful Christmas. I still have a few cards to send now for New Years, Ha. We had a bit more snow Christmas day and more to come I am sure but not that record snow we had last week. Yikes
More on Copic Markers
I have had a few requests for actual code numbers for the 12 pen colors I recommend so here goes BTW these are in the Sketch series but some may also be in the Ciao line
black 100
cobalt blue B26 (BLUE)
golden yellow Y17
cardinal R59 (blue red)
nile blue BG45 ( aqua/ blue green)
olive G99
chinese orange YR09 (bright orange)
red violet RV19(Magenta/deep hot pink)
Walnut E59 (rich umber brown)
Iris B79 (deepblue purple)
powder pink YR00 (pale peach)
apple green G14 (bright yellow green)
My choices vary according to what is avaliable at stores and shows,do not ridgedly adhere to these codes they are only suggestions. These are the same choices I would make in paints or any pigments if I was starting fresh.
Also remember Copics blend better on coated paper stocks (slick or smooth surfaces)like pen papers, glossy or MAtteKote (my favorite)
Enjoy !

Comments

Plastic Cards said…
Great effort,

I think you have a lot of experience.

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for visiting

I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from Artist Cellar . BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible. This coming June, Chris will be teaching at  Spokane Art Supply  and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils! When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes  using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then  Micro Glaze . This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. These two look kind of beat up but they ...

Pages with Distress Oxides and Crayons

So last week Tim ( http://timholtz.com/tim-holtz-products/ ) sent me a bunch of Distress Oxide pads. I was curious and wondered how they were going to stack up against all the old pads I had loved for like more than 20 years. Well I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased. The colors are great and the blendabilty was excellent! This is a fusion ink which has properties of dye and pigment. I have always loved that the color line of all Distress products has a good array of neutrals which many stamp pad lines do not have. When I put the first color down I thought they felt a little dry but I was working on Mixed Media Strathmore paper so any pads would feel dry. I put a couple more colors down and pulled out the awesome Distress Sprayer. I really like this Sprayer!!!!! It's very easy to use and that little on/off button makes it great for travel. Once I started spraying I could see what the fuss is all about. The colors blended really well ...

First Giveaway! LAST DAY LAST CHANCE

It has been a full week.........Tonight is the cutoff to win. So a GIVEAWAY or two on this blog that will run through to next weekend ( Sunday) Sign up for any Secret blog and be entered to win this mixed media kit that includes 2 journals (one Nature Sketch one White bee) Protege paint brushes, a lg tube of Golden Open acrylic and assorted pencils from Faber Castell . ALL YOU MEMBERS OF BOTH SECRET BLOGS ARE ALREADY ENTERED! Also be in the running for one of three Nature Sketch Journals for JUST MAKING A COMMENT this week from Sunday July 28th to Sunday August 4th 2013 on  http://maryjomcgraw.blogspot.com I will announce all the winners Monday August 5th here on Facebook and on the Blog!