Skip to main content

This week at the Downtown store and the Valley

This week is Stamp club for our Downtown Ladies. Please remember your Journals especially if you still have someone elses!!!!! For the Valley Girls Our cardmakers monthly is this coming Friday a week early. This is a 6 card quickie Christmas/Holiday theme. Everything is provided.
I will be showing you some new journaling and card ideas for Sharpie poster paint pens so bring your journals.
We will be talking about our Christmas Party / Ornament exchange at my house on Dec 19th.

My big Christmas Cardmaking class is coming on the first weekend of December. We will make 10cards holiday wrap and I will even teach how to make bows! Do not miss this one.

Comments

nancy y said…
oh to be a Valley Girl...
Sherri said…
I follow you from Texas, and am going to be in Spokane 19th to 26th or so....I am so hoping to find one of your classes during that time...Can you tell me if there are any and where? Thanks.
Nicole Lund said…
Hi Mary Jo, could you post the details of the ornament exchange? Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for visiting

I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from Artist Cellar . BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible. This coming June, Chris will be teaching at  Spokane Art Supply  and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils! When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes  using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then  Micro Glaze . This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. These two look kind of beat up but they ...

Pages with Distress Oxides and Crayons

So last week Tim ( http://timholtz.com/tim-holtz-products/ ) sent me a bunch of Distress Oxide pads. I was curious and wondered how they were going to stack up against all the old pads I had loved for like more than 20 years. Well I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased. The colors are great and the blendabilty was excellent! This is a fusion ink which has properties of dye and pigment. I have always loved that the color line of all Distress products has a good array of neutrals which many stamp pad lines do not have. When I put the first color down I thought they felt a little dry but I was working on Mixed Media Strathmore paper so any pads would feel dry. I put a couple more colors down and pulled out the awesome Distress Sprayer. I really like this Sprayer!!!!! It's very easy to use and that little on/off button makes it great for travel. Once I started spraying I could see what the fuss is all about. The colors blended really well ...

First Giveaway! LAST DAY LAST CHANCE

It has been a full week.........Tonight is the cutoff to win. So a GIVEAWAY or two on this blog that will run through to next weekend ( Sunday) Sign up for any Secret blog and be entered to win this mixed media kit that includes 2 journals (one Nature Sketch one White bee) Protege paint brushes, a lg tube of Golden Open acrylic and assorted pencils from Faber Castell . ALL YOU MEMBERS OF BOTH SECRET BLOGS ARE ALREADY ENTERED! Also be in the running for one of three Nature Sketch Journals for JUST MAKING A COMMENT this week from Sunday July 28th to Sunday August 4th 2013 on  http://maryjomcgraw.blogspot.com I will announce all the winners Monday August 5th here on Facebook and on the Blog!