Skip to main content

This Summer

Upcoming stuff ....this week on Wed Studio Play Hot Wax PRINTING using crayons and HOTSTICKS don't bring a thing!......5:30pm only $10 for summer fun at Spokane Art Supply.Also our Studio Play weekends starts on Sun July 21st meet me at SAS and for only $25 you get a day of play. Starting at 11am we will be playing with Spray Paint and stencils, inks, crayons and more. If you have ever wanted to try out Montana Spray paints this is your day. I will show you how to put together Junk Journals from all kinds of recycled materials. Bring your scissors and any of your own stuff to play with and sack  lunch. Space is limited we can only fit 12-15 for these classes so call and reserve your spot today!
Then on Sat August 10th Join me for a fun Printmakers Studio Play $25 come and learn about the Gelli Plate , collagraphy and monoprinting. Again seating is limited so call and reserve a spot. For this class you will need loads of (50)scrappy paper like regular printer paper or old music sheets book pages and several good sheets like Stonehenge or Rives BFK. This will be a fun one so don't miss your chance.


Just a few pages from a crazy journal....just fast watercolor and portfolio crayons.....loosening up in the mornings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for visiting

I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from Artist Cellar . BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible. This coming June, Chris will be teaching at  Spokane Art Supply  and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils! When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes  using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then  Micro Glaze . This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. These two look kind of beat up but they ...

Pages with Distress Oxides and Crayons

So last week Tim ( http://timholtz.com/tim-holtz-products/ ) sent me a bunch of Distress Oxide pads. I was curious and wondered how they were going to stack up against all the old pads I had loved for like more than 20 years. Well I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased. The colors are great and the blendabilty was excellent! This is a fusion ink which has properties of dye and pigment. I have always loved that the color line of all Distress products has a good array of neutrals which many stamp pad lines do not have. When I put the first color down I thought they felt a little dry but I was working on Mixed Media Strathmore paper so any pads would feel dry. I put a couple more colors down and pulled out the awesome Distress Sprayer. I really like this Sprayer!!!!! It's very easy to use and that little on/off button makes it great for travel. Once I started spraying I could see what the fuss is all about. The colors blended really well ...

First Giveaway! LAST DAY LAST CHANCE

It has been a full week.........Tonight is the cutoff to win. So a GIVEAWAY or two on this blog that will run through to next weekend ( Sunday) Sign up for any Secret blog and be entered to win this mixed media kit that includes 2 journals (one Nature Sketch one White bee) Protege paint brushes, a lg tube of Golden Open acrylic and assorted pencils from Faber Castell . ALL YOU MEMBERS OF BOTH SECRET BLOGS ARE ALREADY ENTERED! Also be in the running for one of three Nature Sketch Journals for JUST MAKING A COMMENT this week from Sunday July 28th to Sunday August 4th 2013 on  http://maryjomcgraw.blogspot.com I will announce all the winners Monday August 5th here on Facebook and on the Blog!