Another Busy week! Today at SAS (Spokane Art Supply) Micaceous Iron Oxide Paint with Iridescent paints....incredible sheen! you will learn all about it this evening at 5:30pm only $10 don't bring anything (athough a journal is great anytime)! Doorprizes too tonight....just for the Holiday Season. Dec 12th at Creative Element we will be using this same awesome paint as a base for our journal pages and different drawing mediums. Join us at either or both locations if you have questions call 509-327-6622
I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from Artist Cellar . BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible. This coming June, Chris will be teaching at Spokane Art Supply and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils! When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then Micro Glaze . This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. These two look kind of beat up but they ...
Comments