Skip to main content

Just a few pages

From Too Much Java  (T)  started at least 10 years ago and working on it again. Just for fun








Comments

Just popped over to see what you are up to. Love your work Mary Jo.
Angela x

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for visiting

I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from Artist Cellar . BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible. This coming June, Chris will be teaching at  Spokane Art Supply  and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils! When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes  using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then  Micro Glaze . This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. These two look kind of beat up but they ...

Pages with Distress Oxides and Crayons

So last week Tim ( http://timholtz.com/tim-holtz-products/ ) sent me a bunch of Distress Oxide pads. I was curious and wondered how they were going to stack up against all the old pads I had loved for like more than 20 years. Well I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased. The colors are great and the blendabilty was excellent! This is a fusion ink which has properties of dye and pigment. I have always loved that the color line of all Distress products has a good array of neutrals which many stamp pad lines do not have. When I put the first color down I thought they felt a little dry but I was working on Mixed Media Strathmore paper so any pads would feel dry. I put a couple more colors down and pulled out the awesome Distress Sprayer. I really like this Sprayer!!!!! It's very easy to use and that little on/off button makes it great for travel. Once I started spraying I could see what the fuss is all about. The colors blended really well ...

Lots happening this first week of April

First off this week on Wed April 3rd Visual Journaling meets at SAS 5:30pm we will be trying this type of collage over something you have already done and disliked! Bring your Journal. and plain old tissue if you have it. oh and paint brushes. This would also be a good time for multiple journals and for working on a cover as well. Tissue paper collaged over molding paste then add acrylic paint Sat April 6th Wes Hanson and I will be demonstrating abstract painting techniques in acrylic and watercolor between 10am-2pm .....so I hope you can come by and check it out......Gelli Plates will be involved!