Skip to main content

Heading for Albuqurque New Mexico

Hitting the road again this time for Rhonda Creative Craft
Center. My classes are full and I am looking forward to hanging out in a town I have not been to in a long time. Also looking forward to seeing people at the show itself I hope everyone in the area will come out to see Carmen's Veranda!
Packed and ready...OK not completely...still doing laundry, last minute things to take care of like hooking up with a couple of store owners in the LA area Calling Karen & Kimi tomorrow) and cleaning out the car!

Comments

s said…
Hi Mary Jo,
It was great meeting you today.
I am sure looking forward to seeing what all you do in your classes tomorrow.
Sunni
Nicole Lund said…
Hi Mary Jo,
I have a question for you, I've been trying to use Judikins Tranz it! transfer medium and I'm having problems getting it to work. i was wondering if you have any tips on drying times, color verses black and white etc. thanks!
Nicole
Anonymous said…
Hey MaryJo! Finally dropping by your blog to say hello and to do some reading. Blogging is a wonderful thing, isn't it? Wondering if I can help some way in terms of product for the cruise? I'm also hoping to get the links section up on my website soon; I can add your blog site, can't I? Will you do the same when I get it up and running again? What did you see at CHA that I have to have? More soon. Give me a yell at organza@optonline.net when you get a second. Hope NM was fun!
:) Debbie Littlejohn (Really Reasonable Ribbon)

Popular posts from this blog

Thanks for visiting

I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from Artist Cellar . BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible. This coming June, Chris will be teaching at  Spokane Art Supply  and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils! When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes  using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then  Micro Glaze . This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. These two look kind of beat up but they ...

Pages with Distress Oxides and Crayons

So last week Tim ( http://timholtz.com/tim-holtz-products/ ) sent me a bunch of Distress Oxide pads. I was curious and wondered how they were going to stack up against all the old pads I had loved for like more than 20 years. Well I was very pleasantly surprised and pleased. The colors are great and the blendabilty was excellent! This is a fusion ink which has properties of dye and pigment. I have always loved that the color line of all Distress products has a good array of neutrals which many stamp pad lines do not have. When I put the first color down I thought they felt a little dry but I was working on Mixed Media Strathmore paper so any pads would feel dry. I put a couple more colors down and pulled out the awesome Distress Sprayer. I really like this Sprayer!!!!! It's very easy to use and that little on/off button makes it great for travel. Once I started spraying I could see what the fuss is all about. The colors blended really well ...

First Giveaway! LAST DAY LAST CHANCE

It has been a full week.........Tonight is the cutoff to win. So a GIVEAWAY or two on this blog that will run through to next weekend ( Sunday) Sign up for any Secret blog and be entered to win this mixed media kit that includes 2 journals (one Nature Sketch one White bee) Protege paint brushes, a lg tube of Golden Open acrylic and assorted pencils from Faber Castell . ALL YOU MEMBERS OF BOTH SECRET BLOGS ARE ALREADY ENTERED! Also be in the running for one of three Nature Sketch Journals for JUST MAKING A COMMENT this week from Sunday July 28th to Sunday August 4th 2013 on  http://maryjomcgraw.blogspot.com I will announce all the winners Monday August 5th here on Facebook and on the Blog!