I love Chris Cozen's use of nature in her pieces so I am totally thrilled to have received this wonderful POD stencil set from
Artist Cellar. BTW Chris's new book with Julie Pritchard is incredible.
This coming June, Chris will be teaching at
Spokane Art Supply and I cannot wait to see how she uses these stencils!
 |
| When I get a new stencil I like to see how they look just outlined in black so that is always my first step. Once I saw this I knew I wanted to draw them in pencil in mass. Come back and see this as a full page in my doodling journal later this week. |
 |
| I use a lot of figures and I make my own templates sometimes using magazine cutout and them painting them with plain acrylic on both sides then coating them with matte medium and then Micro Glaze. This makes them tough like vinyl and the Micro Glaze keeps them from sticking together. If I end up loving the image I cut out a REAL stencil from acetate. |
 |
| These two look kind of beat up but they work fine for an outline in pencil. I chose Strathmore Mixed Media board for this project....it takes everything so beautifully. |
 |
| so I outlined them and started applying this thinned fluid acrylic (Golden) |
 |
| Here is the finished base color |
 |
| Then I drew the pods piling them up in pencil. |
 |
| Building up levels and usingdifferent values of pencils to add depth |
 |
| Then I added more color with Copics and sharpie poster paint pens |
 |
| I like to add highlights with the sharpie poster paint white |
 |
| Here is the coloring part way through |
Thanks so much to Chris and the Artist Cellar for including me in this Blog Hop!
To celebrate the release of Chris' stencils of course we have PRIZES All you need to do is leave a comment on this post, including your email address, to be eligible to win one, four-stencil set . Comment by end of day on May 18th, at which time I will chose the winner randomly.
5/19 Chris Cozen
 |
| That is it...done & done....Come back by anytime! |
Comments
I do like what you have created using Chris' pod stencils. Groovy flower power!!!
Thanks for a chance to win!
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/
tscat@sbcglobal.net
georginamorley@blueyonder.co.uk
sallyvis@yahoo.com
joancts@yahoo.com
art4la@sbcglobal.net
In Tacoma and pouting!
gillwatson(at)mailbox(dot)co(dot)uk
renmead@earthlink.net
Thanks!
anja.kieboom@orange.fr
sadie75@yahoo.com
Thanks for your ideas and sharing.
Collins Redman
collinsart@comcast.net
Those stencils are beaeutiful, thank you for a chance to win them.
ndougl at telus.net
Geary grammygeary@gmail.com
materials. Every blog I visit has used these stencils in such different ways!
sherri_bristol@qwestoffice.net
Nancine at sbcglobal.net
I totally adore stencils and paints.
I never would have thought to make my own from advertisements. I'll have to give that a go.
Thanks for the chance to win.
Kathi -- merkattwo@yahoo.com
I miss taking classes so this is a great way for me to see what is new.
Tina Hunt. serenegirl(at)aol.com
kim.kinderteach@aol.com
Thanks for having a drawing for a chance to be a part of your secret blog! You are my 'hero' when it comes to artist. Good luck to all the commenters (but I surely hope it is me) :)
I am a Pod lvr. :)
Thanks MJ
Rose in PR, WA
Aimeslee at gmail dot com
Thanks for the information on making your templates more sturdy. I also cut out figures from magazines. I paint them with gel medium but I like your idea better with adding the glaze.
Also, thanks for the chance to win some great stencils
Lynn
luckie129 at aol dot com
ArtistPoet.Girl @gmail.com
Aish S
Thanks for a chance to win.
nwilcox95@comcast.net
Thanks for the explanation too, Ive learned a lot from that alone, how have I lived without that white Sharpie for instance???? lol
Hope its okay for this Uk blogger to enter the draw please!
deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom
Thank you for the chance to win!
Love the way you used them!
Rebecca Cook
melodyj(at)gmail(dot)com
sharon dot gullikson at gmail dot com
jan2bratt at yahoo dot com
Doris
camsmith95athotmaildotcom
Psytoad@aol.com
bgbytwerk@hotmail.com
Shine on!
Kelley
Joyce van der Lely http://jetdtsetters.blogspot.com
youngatartdownunder@gmail.com
Jill
jill_su@yahoo dot com
Thanks for the inspiration and the giveaway!
Tee Thompson
shadohart@gmail.com
NEED A LOAN?
Ask Me.